Monday 18 April 2011

Star Trek movie review

Hello

I know I'm late to the rat-race of blogging and I know its awful to come to a race on Monday when it started on Sunday. But, hey here I am. Let me start with a semblance of a purpose.



I am going to write a movie review for the first movie that I ever recommended on Facebook (facebook.com/anish.vijay).

The movie is STAR TREK (2009). Let me classify it first. It is a sci-fi action film and yes, it is a reboot of the old Star Trek series (that everyone is familiar with) and because I'm not a fan of the old Star Trek, I'm neither biased nor prejudiced. So, I will go on to say that it has a good strong plot and some great memorable characters.

I love the role of James T Kirk(human) played by Chris Pine, Spock(half Vulcan) by Zachary Quinto and Nero(Romulan) by Eric Bana (could barely recognize him in that fantastic make-up). Adding to that, the graphics are mind-blowing. All-in-all its a great reboot, reminds me of the Batman reboot(because with Batman Begins, Nolan gave the Batman a whole new meaning). With the Star Trek sequel coming some time in the next 2 years, I would hope that it will not be a let down.

Oh and Star Trek and its possible sequel are directed by J.J.Abrahams (LOST, CLOVERFIELD, MISSION IMPOSSIBLE III, etc)

So, a full thumbs up from my end for this movie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment